New Customized Insurance Program Provides Essential and Hard-to-Get Coverages at Prices that are so Competitive that If You Qualify, You Will Likely End Up Buying!
You can trust Sadler Contractor Insurance to provide expertise, quality coverage forms, and competitive pricing in the difficult insurance marketplace for restoration contractors.
One Stop Shop For All Policies:
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Environmental Liability (Pollution Coverage) including contracting operations, waste disposal, and on site waste storage.
- Business Auto
- Bailees Coverage for property of others in your care, custody, or control that you transport and store.
- A rated carrier
- Monthly billing with interest free installments
- Extremely competitive pricing for coverages that are offered
- Hard to get coverages designed just for restoration contractors such Professional Liability and Environmental Liability
- Common coverage gaps eliminated since same carrier writes General Liability, Environmental, and Business Auto
- Free loss control services from experts that understand your business
- Blanket Additional Insured Endorsement for ongoing operations and completed operation to satisfy common contract requirements
Types Of Environmental Contracting That Are Eligible:
Emergency Spill Clean Up
Medical Waste Collection
Recommended Risk Management Controls to Reduce Liability:
- Management: Have a single person who is responsible for designing, implementing, managing, monitoring and adjusting the risk management program of the company. This person should dedicate a significant amount of time to risk management duties.
- Contracts: On contracts with owners, attempt to use own standardized contract form on all jobs to include provisions to utilize consensus documents, limitation of liability, and exclude consequential damages. If using form provided by owner or general contractor, carefully review all provisions for acceptability. On contracts with subcontractors, require compliance with minimum insurance standards to include $1,000,000 General Liability/Professional Liability/Environmental Liability including a requirement for additional insured status. Also require an indemnification/hold harmless provision.
- Worksite Risk Management: Have a single person responsible for site management to include formal training and protocols for contamination and environmental compliance; mold and water intrusion management, and quality assurance and control.
Why Restoration Contractor Insurance is Difficult to Place
Most insurance carriers that specialize in insuring builders and remodelers are not interested in insuring restoration contractors because they have a much higher risk profile. Fire and water restoration involves working with buildings that have been damaged and sometimes it is difficult to uncover hidden defects which can result in future problems and resulting bodily injury and property damage claims. Also, despite the best intentions of the restoration contractor, the restoration efforts may not end up being satisfactory in the long term. In addition, exposures to mold, lead, and other hazardous substances are outside the comfort area of the standard carriers. Furthermore, standard General Liability policy forms exclude many of the types of lawsuits that are commonly filed against restoration contractors due to the pollution and professional liability exclusions.