Get an Instant Online Quote for General Liability (including Professional Liability), Accident, Worker’s Compensation, Property and Crime insurance that offers protection for studio owners and operators.
Specifically designed Martial Arts Studio insurance program for organizations specializing in the instruction of martial arts. Coverage also includes important liability protection for employees and volunteers.
We offer Martial Arts insurance to studios instructing students in many disciplines, including:
- Fitness Boxing
- Karate School
- Kung Fu
- Karate Studio
- Martial Arts
- Martial School
- Tae Kwon Do
- Tai Chi
Most landlords of martial arts studios insist their tenants carry substantial coverage. It will also be necessary to have insurance in order to hold tournaments or conduct instructional seminars and demonstrations.
No matter what precautions are taken in teaching proper techniques and safety, accidents are bound to occur. And visitors to the facility can be injured in slip-trip-fall accidents or suffer property damage for which the owner/operator of the martial arts studio is liable. You facility and equipment are also at risk of damage from severe weather conditions, a plumbing or electrical mishap, or vandalism. These are only a few examples of things that can go wrong that interfere with the operations of a martial arts school.
Medical costs resulting from of an injury, replacing equipment damaged in a flood, or paying expensive attorney fees when defending against claims can be financially devastating. Martial Arts Studio insurance offers you full protection against these and the many other events that have the potential to derail your business.
The majority of claims lawsuits brought against martial arts schools involve claims of negligence. The studio owner, operator and instructors are responsible for the safety of all visitors. Failure to uphold that duty can result in allegations of negligence. There are three basic areas that require diligent oversight to lessen the risk of an injury due to negligence.
- Training Area: Check regularly for loose, uneven, wet or sticky flooring, torn mats, and nails, splinters, screws protruding from flooring, doorways and walls.
- Training Equipment. Protective equipment, such as mouth pieces, headgear, shin guards, foam hand and feet covers, groin protection for males and chest protection for females should be available for all students. Worn mats, stressed bag chains, loose or worn weapon grips, cracked weapons, and worn kicking shields should be repaired or replaced.
- Training Techniques. Students should be monitored at all time during practice for safe stance, hitting, throwing, and rolling techniques. Practice, especially with weapons, should never take place near where other students or visitors move through. Likewise, students should never wander near or through areas where practice is taking place. Teach students to hold kicking shields and heavy bags properly and never allow students to hold a kicking shield or heavy bag for other students who hit too hard for them.
- Training Staff. All instructors, whether employees or independent contractors, should be CPR certified. If an AED (defibrillator) is housed in the martial arts studio, there should be someone on staff trained in its use at all times. An EMT or other medical professional should be in attendance at all tournaments.
Risk Management Resources
We also offer free important risk management content for martial arts studios:
The following are ineligible for this program:
- Boxing (contact and sparring)
- Law enforcement, public safety and military personnel training programs
- Trampoline parks/facilities